NEWSROOM (ADV) – The clash between Seleka rebels and anti-balaka self-defense groups resumed this Saturday in the central African city of Batangafo in the north-west of the country, local sources said.
According to the source, this clash was dominated by heavy and automatic gunfire that left many dead and wounded. The survivors, who fled the scene, took over the fields and nearby communities.
Explaining the origin of the clash, the source said that Seleka rebels wanted to attack an IDP site around 07:00 local time on Saturday before encountering anti-balaka resistance.
Towards the end of the morning, peacekeepers from the UN Mission in the Central African Republic managed to intervene, the source added.
Clashes between the Seleka and anti-balaka are recurrent in the Central African Republic, resulting in loss of life, burning of houses and makeshift huts on IDP sites, not to mention the movement of people.
The latest clash between the Seleka and anti-balaka in Batangafo earlier this month resulted in deaths, injuries sustained by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), looting, the burning of three IDP sites internally displaced persons and over 10,000 displaced persons.
© Bur-csa – N.W – African Daily Voice (ADV)